Freitag, 23. Dezember 2011

Holly Bess

Hi everyone, how are you doing? Fine I hope. Are you prepared for Christmas? Just one day to go... I was  much in the mood to make Christmas cards lately. And I catched the bug to create Christmas cards with no typical Christmas images :o). It is soooo much fun. So this card I show you today is one of this kind as well. 

I used beautiful Bess from our fabulous artist Elaine Cox. And hey, know what? She is on SALE right now! She is available as a single stamp. And on Plate # 85 together with three other gorgeous images. You will love them. They are some of my favourites. 

The colouring is made with Distress Inks. And I tried something new here. I wanted to give it a crackle effect and covered the finished image with clear embossing powder three times. Put it in the fridge and when it was cold and strong I crackled it few times till I got this effect. Love its look. The lace I put around the image was original white. I sprayed some Antique Brass Glimmer Mist over it to give it a similar colour like the background paper from Basic Grey haves. 


Here you can see a closer look of the image

And another close up
Wish you a magical day now. Thank you so much for looking. 
Hugs, Karina

4 Kommentare:

sara hat gesagt…

oooh im loving this karina that cracked effect looks amazing beautiul card
hugs sara x x x

Unknown hat gesagt…

Hello Karina, I LOVE this effect!!! I used it once making ice on a Christmas card but never thought to use it on an image. Will definitely try that out!! Have a great Chirstmas and a happy Newyear! Hugs, Frea

Christina C. hat gesagt…

OMG....Karina, this is a work of art! Toooooooo beautiful for words...such a vision of loveliness!
I adore this cracked effect....looks spectacular!
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!

coops hat gesagt…

so stunning karina.i really love the image and your colours are gorgeous and fabulous cracked glass technique :D
wishing you and yours a fantastic christmas :D

xx coops xx